File a Complaint

Welcome to the California Public Utilities Commission Consumer Affairs Branch Website.

Using this page,you can file a complaint against the company that provides your telephone, energy (electric or gas), or water service.

I wish to follow up on a previously reported complaint:

Enter Complaint Number:


I wish to file a new complaint.
Please fill in the information requested below.
(Please do NOT report the same complaint for a case which is still pending.)

Note: If you have a Safety Related Issue (this includes safety of gas, electric, cable, phone and mobile home
park utilities, such as live wires dangling from power poles, gas leaks etc.), please dial 911 and report the problem.

For other issues that you have been unable to resolve with the utility directly, please enter your complaint information below. All personal identifying information provided is confidential, and will be used solely for the purpose of resolving your complaint.

Items marked with an asterisk [*] are required.
Use the TAB key to move from field to field.

Service Contact and Location Information :
First Name *
Last Name *
If the complaint pertains to your business, enter business name here:
Street * Unit
City * Email Address 
State   Can be reached at  * - -
Zip * - Home Phone  - -  

Alternate Contact Information:
If your mailing address  differs from the address provided above,
please fill in the information below.
Street Unit
Zip   -

Company/Utility Information:
The Account Number, if entered will be used only to resolve the complaint with the utility company.
Utility Name *
Account No.

Describe the Complaint :
All personal details provided are treated as confidential information to be used by the CPUC to resolve the
complaint with the utility. If the descriptive blocks below do not accommodate the length of your complaint due to the
200 word limitation, you may attach letters and other documents as needed toward the end of this form.
What is the situation that concerns you?

1000 characters (about 200 words) max

What did the utility say when you contacted them?

1000 characters (about 200 words) max

What action do you want the CPUC to take?

1000 characters (about 200 words) max

If you wish to attach any files which pertain to your case, please do so here ( File size should be less than 4 MB) . Please do not name your file using special  symbols or characters. Only the following file types are allowed "Word","Excel","pdf","jpeg","png","gif".
How did you find out about California Public Utilities Commission?  
Were you referred here by a Community Based Organization or Consumer Advocacy Group?  
If you were referred by a Community Based Organization, please choose from the following list:  
If you have selected "OTHERS", please enter the Community Based Organization name: